Sunday, May 25, 2008

Home, Sweet New Home

Throughout the last 7 years or so, I've been living in a small apartment approx. 40 minutes by feet from downtown Linz. Several months ago, I was fortunate enough to find a more spacious replacement right in downtown Linz, only minutes away from (almost) everything you can think of. Additionally, it's situated next to a gas station that's open for business on a 24/7 basis, a rare comfort in European countries. So, should my supply of Red Bull (I can't help myself) come to an end at 4:46am in the course of a programming spree, I can resort to my backup next door :)

After two weeks of moving essentials and most other things, it's finally done. I'm positive that my new home will give me a a general boost, definitely so. It might also help me to establish a routine morning run before work, a nice 6 km waterside course only meters away is waiting to be challenged...

The living room is not ready yet. Nonetheless, being a technology enthusiast, indispensable subtle technology references are already in place ;)



P.S.: The UNIX license plate can be obtained from The Open Group online store. I once owned a Digital UNIX / Compaq Tru64 UNIX plate, an adaption of the original. At that time I was an Alpha / Tru64 advocate and user. As always, nothing can replace the original...

No comments: